Yummy Banting Chocolate Fat Shake
This incredible high fat, Low Carb, full cream Banting Chocolate Fat Shake is perfect for anyone following a Banting or other Low Carb, High Fat lifestyle. Use this yummy, creamy, chocolaty shake to up your fat intake and shake up your ketosis. This chocolate fay shake is vegetarian and I have included swaps for a vegan option.
Fat is NOT the Enemy!
I have heard from a lot of people who claim to be Banting, that they have not lost much weight, or that their weight loss has plateaued. After discussing their diet, it was clear to me that each one of them were being far too conservative with their daily fat intake.
Do NOT Fear Fat!
Your body needs fat in order to burn fat. Think of it like fuel: feed your engine fuel, and your engine will burn fuel; feed your body fat, and your body will burn fat. If you are ingesting carbs, your body will burn only carbs and you will store fat. This is simple science.
It’s really important to understand why and how these lifestyle changes work before we get started. Otherwise one could end up wasting precious time and feeling disappointed.
So do yourself a favour, if you have not yet done so, please read this book. It explains everything!
I was inspired by the Fat Shake in the Real Meal Revolution, but I didn’t have the exact ingredients, and I wanted to make a smaller portion. So I just used what I had and I was quite impressed with what I’d created. I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did, but feel free to use my recipe as a guideline and get creative. Let me know about how your shake turned out in the comments section below.
When can you drink your Banting Chocolate Fat Shake?
Try this Banting Chocolate Fat Shake for breakfast, as a snack, or enjoy as a pre- or post-workout drink. For the serious gym bunnies or vegetarians, add some whey protein powder (or pea protein isolate for vegans) for that extra oomph (see below).
So here is the recipe for your Banting Chocolate Fat Shake
- 100 ml Coconut Milk
- 100 ml Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Almond Nut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Optional: 2 scoops of Whey protein supplement (try MyProtein Impact Whey Protein – natural flavour) – always check the carbs are less than 2 grams per serving.
- Optional: a drop or two of Stevia liquid for sweetness (taste it first)
Makes one serving
Note: If you are not used to a high fat diet, this shake could be quite rich.
Use a blender to combine all the ingredients together until smooth. Serve. Enjoy.
- Add 15ml of MCT oil to boost your fat, which may help increase your energy levels and encourage faster fat burning
- You can play around with the cream to coconut milk ratio if you find the shake too thick, or add some full fat milk or regular cream.
- Replace the cocoa with a few fresh or frozen berries for a fruity flavour, or slice up a small banana.
- Try a guilt-free, sugar-free flavoured syrup
- Some recipes for fat shakes include a pinch of salt – personally I can’t bear the thought!
- Use a hand-held blender or mixer for best results. I use a similar one to this
- replace the cream with almond milk
- switch the butter with delicious (vegan) almond butter
- for added protein, use pea protein isolate instead of whey
Enjoy your yummy Banting Chocolate Fat Shake!
Would you like access to free printables like a weekly meal planner, monthly habit tracker, yoga ebook, as well as a low carb vegetarian and vegan cheat sheet?
Subscribe to my newsletter and get instant access to the freebies page. Remember to confirm your subscription in order to receive the password.
Pin the image below so you can come back anytime
You might like