Comfort food craving? Look no further! Anyone will enjoy this simple, low carb vegetarian banting pizza recipe idea that’s perfect for meals, snacking or entertaining…
I have always loved pizza! And banting meant that I would have to give it up! Or so I thought…
One day, my craving, and therefore my imagination, got the better of me…and I managed to dream up this simple yet perfect, low carb mini banting pizza, to which any spice or topping can be added to fulfill all my pizza fantasies!
And the Effort?
I am so glad you asked! This is quick and easy to throw together, and oh so satisfying. You could make one for a non-banter and they would love it. Serve it to dinner guests, at a kiddies party or enjoy it while vegging out in front of the TV!
What do you need?
- Pizza base – Try Real Meal Revolution Banting Pizza Base available from most Checkers stores. My Spar stocks a range of The French Connection low carb pitas and wraps in the freezer section. I used a pita but you can use either. You can find low carb wraps at banting friendly shops and markets.
- Tomato sauce/paste – I used All Gold Light tomato sauce (*hides), which is not ideal because it contains sugar…so rather opt for a pure tomato puree or make your own.
- Cheese! – Tussers, Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella…use some, or all. Go mad!
- Toppings (optional) – Well here you can let your imagination run wild. A few ideas: onion, avo, rocket, cherry tomatoes, aubergines, asparagus, olives, feta or blue cheese and peppers. (remember that some toppings are best added after cooking, such as avo).
- Spice it up! (optional) I used Mixed Herbs, Cayenne Pepper and Sweet Basil. You can also try Oreganum and/or Turmeric
How to prepare your Banting Pizza
- Place your pita or wrap on a non-stick baking tray
- Spread the tomato sauce or paste evenly over your pizza base
- Add spices if required (or you can add them on top)
- Grate the cheese and spread evenly over the pizza – it’s fun to layer 2 or 3 different cheeses
- Add your desired toppings
- Grill in oven until cheese melts and turns slightly brown
- Enjoy your delicious banting pizza!
Here are some items that will help get the job done: All available from Loot:
Legend Small Pizza Cutter
Jamie Oliver Baking Tray
Chef’n Vibe Combo Cheese Grater
You might also enjoy my Banting Chocolate Fat Shake or Banting Cheese Crackers (coming soon)