Check out this Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe for a great vegetarian or vegan (leave out the butter) meal or side
As you probably know, cauliflower is a staple in the low carb kitchen. There is so much that you can do with cauliflower…and here is something a bit different: whole roasted cauliflower with almond nuts is a great new way of preparing your cauliflower. It is also quite simple to prepare and requires very few ingredients.
Trying New Things
I came across this interesting dish on a restaurant menu and, as I am always on the lookout for fresh new banting ideas, I thought I would take a chance and try it out. The restaurant’s version was really tasty and I was surprised at how easy it seemed to recreate, so I decided that I had to try this for myself and finally plucked up the courage to do so. Well. I am quite impressed that not only did I get it right first time, it was also incredibly delicious, and so I have to pass this on!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower can be served as a side dish or as a main, and while it requires some patience for the cauliflower to cook through and brown, the preparation itself is extremely simple – just as I like it!
For your Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Almond Nuts you will need:
One whole cauliflower
Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic salt (optional)
Sliced almond nuts
Casserole dish or baking tray
Preparing your Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Almond Nuts
- Preheat oven to 200° Celsius/390° Fahrenheit
- Wash and peel your cauliflower without breaking it apart
- Pat dry and place the cauliflower inside your oven safe dish or tray
- Generously pour the olive oil all over the cauliflower and use clean hands or a silicone kitchen brush to spread the oil over every part of it
- Now rub some salt and/or garlic salt, or any other spice that you like, all over and then cover the entire dish or tray with the aluminium foil and roast in the oven for 45 – 55 minutes
- Remove the foil (carefully – it will be very hot) and add the butter and almond nuts and place back in the oven to brown
- Keep your eyes on it, you don’t want to dry it out
- Enjoy your yummy whole roasted cauliflower with almond nuts
Here are some tools to help get the job done:
You can access free printables and resources like my Weekly Meal Planner – all you have to do is subscribe for unlimited access.
Getting creative in the kitchen with healthy and nutritious meals is a great way of winding down.
Spend time focusing on yourself instead of struggling to decide what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat it. Get the low down on exactly what you can eat to lose weight and enjoy a healthy and energized lifestyle. Check out The Fat Burning Kitchen.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like some of my other recipes. Check out caulifower rice, low carb pizza and yummy crunchy cheese crackers. You can also take a look at my own low carb journey in LCHF? WTF? – My Bit on Banting.