As you probably know, cauliflower is a staple in your banting kitchen. There is so much that you can do with cauliflower…and here is something a bit different: whole roasted cauliflower with almond nuts is a great new way of preparing your cauliflower. It is also quite simple to prepare and requires very few ingredients.
Trying New Things
I came across this interesting dish on a restaurant menu and, as I am always on the lookout for fresh new banting ideas, I thought I would take a chance and try it out. The restaurant’s version was really tasty and I was surprised at how easy it seemed to recreate, so I decided that I had to try this for myself and finally plucked up the courage to do so. Well. I am quite impressed that not only did I get it right first time, it was also incredibly delicious, and so I have to pass this on!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower can be served as a side dish or as a main, and while it requires some patience for the cauliflower to cook through and brown, the preparation itself is extremely simple – just as I like it!
For your Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Almond Nuts you will need:
- One whole cauliflower
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic salt (optional)
- Sliced almond nuts
- Casserole dish or baking tray
- Aluminium foil
Preparing your Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Almond Nuts
- Preheat oven to 200° Celsius
- Wash and peel your cauliflower without breaking it apart
- Pat dry and place the cauliflower inside your oven safe dish or tray
- Generously pour the olive oil all over the cauliflower and use your hands to spread the oil over every part of it
- Now rub some salt and/or garlic salt, or any other spice that you like, all over and then cover the entire dish or tray with the aluminium foil and roast in the oven for 45 – 55 minutes
- Remove the foil (carefully – it will be very hot) and add the butter and almond nuts and place back in the oven to brown
- Keep your eyes on it, you don’t want to dry it out
- Enjoy your yummy whole roasted cauliflower with almond nuts
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like some of my other recipes. Check out cauli-egg-rice, low carb pizza and yummy crunchy cheese crackers. You can also take a look at my own low carb journey in LCHF? WTF? – My Bit on Banting.