Low Carb Cauliflower Rice is a delicious, healthy addition to any meal, and it is so easy to make.
This particular version I made with egg, but you can leave it out if you prefer a vegan option.
This Low Carb Cauliflower Egg Rice, or Cauli-Egg-Rice for short, is definitely a tribute to my Dad’s egg-rice. He has this habit of going into the kitchen and throwing things together and usually coming up with some or other interesting combination.
Like my Dad, I am not a trained chef, nor am I known to many as someone who knows their way around a kitchen, or even a green grocer for that matter – this is changing fast! But the truth is, I love to experiment with food and flavours, and usually make things up as I go along – just like my dad! And so that is how I arrived at this delicious dish low carb cauliflower rice dish.
The fact that I am also a lazy cook makes this a simple, quick task that anyone can do. I always cook for two, so please double or triple the ingredients if necessary.
See the vegan options in brackets.
Ingredients for low carb caulifower rice:
- Half of a small cauliflower head, grated
- 2 fresh cloves of garlic, chopped
- Half of a white onion, chopped
- Butter (vegan option: coconut oil)
- One large egg (vegan options: tofu or flaked raw almonds – you can also just leave the egg out)
Instructions for low carb caulifower rice:
- Heat a tablespoon or two of butter or coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic and then the onion for 2 minutes
- Stir in the grated cauliflower a bit at a time and turn the heat down to medium, while still stirring
- Add some more butter if you like (I love loads of butter)
- Add the egg and mix in quickly
- Add salt to taste, mix
- Serve. Enjoy
More ideas for your Low Carb Cauliflower Rice:
Add some turmeric to your cauliflower rice or stir in some freshly chopped chillies.
Have you ever considered taking your low carb/keto lifestyle to the next level?
Spend time focusing on you instead of struggling to decide what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat it. Get the low down on exactly what you can eat to lose weight and enjoy a healthy and energized lifestyle. Try this 21 Day Keto Meal Plan